How To Give
You can support AUK in many ways, from making cash donations to specifying AUK as a beneficiary in your Will. Below, we outline some pathways to facilitate your donation and help the University and our students. If you are interested in contributing and making a gift to AUK, please fill out the attached pledge form, and we will contact you to process your gift.
Give By Bank Transfer
Authorize a bank transfer from your account to ours. Our account details are:Iraq: Bank of Baghdad
Give By CashCash is the easiest way to support AUK’s work and mission. In order to make a cash donation, please contact the Office of Advancement at the address below.
Give By CheckChecks can be made payable to the “American University of Kurdistan”. Please send your check to the Office of Advancement at the address below, or mail it (or send by courier).
- If you choose one of these giving options, please contact AUK’s Office of Advancement, by phone or email, to advise us on how you want your donation to be utilized.
- If you do not specify a specific program for your donation (e.g. scholarships, naming opportunity, academic support, R&D), then your donation will be pooled into the University’s Annual Fund. This fund is a cash reserve that provides flexible, day-to-day financial resources for our students, faculty and programs, when and where they are needed most.
- AUK’s Office of Advancement will issue an Acknowledgement Letter for your donation. We will also provide you with a gift form to document the gift.
You will also be asked to specify if you choose to have your donation publicized on the University’s website and literature. Your privacy is paramount to us: we will respect your wish to remain anonymous.
Give by Legacy:
Bequeathing a gift is an impactful way to leave a lasting impact on our students and the University for the benefit of generations to come. Legacy giving is focused on the donor with part of your estate or assets as a bequest to the University, via your Will or Life Insurance Policy. In order to make a legacy gift to AUK, please contact Ms. Manal Issa, Director of Advancement (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Endowed Gifts and Naming Opportunities:
- The AUK aims to establish a University Endowment to support donors’ objectives in perpetuity. The endowment is a pool of funds that is invested and administered according to the Investment Policy and Guidelines established by the AUK Board. Contributions to the endowment can be in the form of cash, stocks, real estate, or bequests. Naming opportunities are available for philanthropists who are willing to make a gift of $25,000 or more.
- You may wish to provide scholarship assistance to AUK students via an endowed scholarship. Returns on invested capital are earmarked for scholarship assistance to needy and deserving students in perpetuity. As the endowed scholarship donor, you choose the criteria for how scholarship assistance (returns) is spent. Naming opportunities are available for donors who make a gift of $10,000 or more to the scholarships endowment.
- There are additional naming opportunities for capital development projects, as AUK seeks to build a medical school/teaching hospital, college-specific spaces/labs, R&D centers, sports facilities, a male-student residence hall, and a green, LEED-certified campus infrastructure. A diverse range of naming opportunities are available for donors who wish to support the capital development of AUK’s campus, which can be used to honor family, friends or loved ones.
The Advancement Office would be delighted to discuss how your gift can be best utilized to further AUK’s important mission
Give In-Kind Contributions and Physical Assets:
Instead of donating money, you may choose to donate in-kind contributions to the University. This may include books, instructional technologies and computers, professional services and/or property.
AUK’s Advancement Office is always open to suggestions, queries, plans and proposals regarding the growth and future expansion of the University. If you would like to schedule a personal conversation before deciding on how you can best support us, then please contact us, and we will schedule an appointment on campus or at your place of business.