Founded in 2014 as a non-profit institution of higher learning by Masrour Barzani, the American University of Kurdistan is dedicated to preparing future generations of leaders through curricular and co-curricular excellence in an American style education focusing on transformative knowledge, innovative research, ethical community service, respect for inclusion and diversity, global connectedness, and life-long learning, all aiming to ensure economic, environmental, social and political advancement- regionally, nationally and globally.
- AUK offers a values-based, American style liberal arts education devoted to the overall development of students to ready them for careers both professionally and socially.
- Exposure to practical project-based learning, internships and commercial projects
- Development of students’ personal soft skills including independent and critical thinking, communication, tech fluency, creative problem solving and teamwork to ensure their success in future jobs.
- Employing American best practices in teaching and instructional design to produce graduates capable of adapting to global changes.
- Globally aware and prepared in the academic and professional realms
- Encourage entrepreneurship and the creation of business startups through the university 'innovation hub' that links students with mentors from industry.
- Promotion of freedom of thought and creative expression.
- Nurturing student innovation by providing resources and support.
- State-of-the-art classrooms and computer labs with courses that integrate latest technologies.
- Iconic building dedicated to Mustafa Barzani
- Preparing Kurdistan’s next generation of leaders by nurturing a culture of community service and social responsibility.
- Foster an ethos of inclusion, diversity and tolerance rooted in respect for and understanding of all individuals and perspectives.
- Support the local community through institutional outreach in health, IT, school education, environmental and urban planning sectors.