Agreements with Local Institutes
At the American University of Kurdistan (AUK), we recognize the value of collaboration and partnership with local institutes to provide students with seamless educational opportunities. AUK has established articulation agreements with local institutes within Kurdistan to facilitate the transition of their graduates into our bachelor’s degree programs. These agreements allow students to continue their education at AUK while acknowledging their previous coursework and providing a streamlined pathway to earning a bachelor’s degree.
On December 7, 2023, AUK signed its first articulation agreement with a local institute, followed by two more agreements the following week. Within Kurdistan, there are 3-year and 5-year institutes. Students can transition from traditional secondary education into technical institutes after Grade 9. Three-year institutes offer a combination of high school curricula and vocational training, while five-year institutes provide the same curricula with vocational training and an additional two years of academics and professional training equivalent to an associate degree in the U.S.
The objective of these articulation agreements is to provide graduates from local institutes with the opportunity to attain bachelor’s degrees at AUK while recognizing their previous coursework. The agreements specify the coursework completed at the institute that can be waived at AUK, allowing students to graduate on an expedited pathway. These waivers apply exclusively to freshman and sophomore courses, including General Education (GE) and discipline-related foundational courses.
AUK has signed the following agreements with local institutes:
• Rand Institute: Graduates of the Computer Science Program at Rand receive up to 24 credits at AUK for equivalent coursework toward program requirements within AUK’s Bachelor’s in Computer Software and Security.
• Dasinya Institute of Fine Arts: Graduates of the Design Program at Dasinya receive up to 30 credits at AUK for equivalent coursework toward program requirements within AUK’s Bachelor’s in Design.
• Ararat Technical Institute: Graduates of the Computer Science Program at Ararat receive up to 24 credits at AUK for equivalent coursework toward program requirements within AUK’s Bachelor’s in Computer Software and Security.
Study Abroad Opportunities
At AUK, we believe in the transformative power of international experiences. We offer study abroad opportunities that allow our undergraduate students to broaden their horizons, immerse themselves in different cultures, and gain a global perspective. Through partnerships with international universities, we provide our students with the chance to study abroad for a semester or a year, enhancing their academic and personal growth.
The study abroad opportunities for AUK students include:
• Universite Catholique de L’Quest (UCO): for information, Click Here.
• Al Akhawayn University, Ifrane (AUI): for information, Click Here.
• Wayne State University (Michigan, USA): for information, Click Here.
• Richmond American University, London: for information, Click Here.
AUK is committed to supporting the continued academic and professional growth of its alumni. Through partnerships with international universities, we offer opportunities for AUK graduates to pursue master’s programs in their respective fields.
The master’s programs opportunities available to AUK alumni are:
• Harrisburg University Information (Dubai): for information, Click Here.
• Missouri State University: for information, Click Here.
• The Tor Vergata University of Rome: for information, Click Here.
Transfer Student Program
The transfer student opportunities include:
• Wayne State University (Michigan, USA): for information on the 2+2 program, Click Here.