Students at the College of Arts and Science receive broad training in the humanities, social and natural sciences. The College presently houses the three departments of International Studies, Design, and Computer Science and Information Technology. The College of Arts and Sciences promotes an interactive liberal arts model of education, which embraces intellectual and academic curiosity and develops students’ capabilities in critical thinking and academic discourse. We strive to create a knowledge-based advanced society that is well-geared for sustainable development for the benefit of all people. Our endeavor involves educating young leaders through our innovative curriculum that develops students’ ability to effectively reason and communicate and offers specialties that are essential for society and the world at large.
Engagement and Leadership:
We encourage our faculty and students to engage effectively and take the lead in
initiating and devoting their expertise in the well-being of both the natural and
Environmental and Social Responsibility:
We educate our students to take responsibility for exploring and facing dire
environmental and social challenges facing our fast-growing and ever-changing
We encourage our faculty and students to be life-long learners as both the natural
and human world face new and increasingly complex challenges whose solutions demand
multidisciplinary knowledge and up-to-date skills.
We educate our students to be transparent, honest, and respectful in the workplace
and be role models in caring for the planet’s natural and social assets.
- To develop the student as a person with the desire for personal growth tempered with
virtue, liberal values, self-discipline, a spirit of leadership, and integrity.
- To equip students with professional competence within a field of specialization in
the humanities or the social and natural sciences and to contribute positively to
the well-being of local communities and beyond.
- To develop an integrated personality able to function adequately in a world marked
with rapid, progressive scientific, technological, and social changes.
- To instill in the student a desire for rational and critical thinking and for
expressing them appropriately.
- To foster faculty and students’ sense of responsibility in facing global complex
social and natural challenges.
- To enhance AUK’s reputation locally and internationally with outstanding
professional and personal prospects.
- To boost the College’s local and international profile to attract more local and