Transfer of credits
Students who have studied at another university may be able to transfer credits. Local and International students can transfer. If transferring from a school outside of Iraq, equalization of those credits is needed.
The following documents are required for the transfer of credits evaluation:
- Official university transcript
- Course syllabus and/or detailed course description
All course transfers will be decided by the department chair and approved by the respective dean. Transfer courses can be applied toward satisfaction of the major program degree requirements as per the department chair and dean’s approval. As degree programs may be governed by specific disciplinary standards and accreditation agency guidelines, different rules may apply regarding the transfer of earlier taken credits.
There are also conditions for transfer of credits.:
- A minimum grade equivalent to a C (US scale) is required.
- A maximum of 60 credits is allowed for transfer.
- Internship/co-op, occupational work vocational work, pass/failed courses, remedial and preparatory courses are not transferable.
- The transferring course must be comparable to a course offered at AUK. It is recommended to have at least 70% matching of content to determine equivalency, unless otherwise needed for specific accreditation, discipline content, or other written requirement.
- The transferred course must offer the same number of credits or higher as the AUK course to be considered for equivalency.
Transferred credits and grades will not be used in calculating the cumulative grade point average (CGPA).
The courses completed in a previous institution shall not more than five years to ensure regency.
For more information, please check the Policy of Enrollment – Admission