The American University of Kurdistan’s annual tuition fees per academic program is 8000$ (for 30 credits). However, self-funded students can benefit from a newly implemented 15% discount on the tuition fees. This discount does not apply to international students. For self-funded students and those awarded Merit Scholarships, the below tuition rates apply:
Annual tuition fees payment
Annual tuition fees payment after 15% discount (NEW)
98.0 – 100
Mustafa Barzani Merit Scholarship
90.00 – 97.99
Chairman Masrour Barzani Merit Scholarship*
80.00 – 89.99
Board of Trustees Merit Scholarship*
• The above rates are applicable for students register for courses at AUK from January, 2021.
• Annual tuition is based on registration as a full-time student and the successful completion of 30 credits.
• Only a limited number of Merit Scholarships are available.
English Language Program
• The ELI-Preparatory Program consists of a series of eight courses. Students enroll in the courses as per their placement, which is determined by the ELI Placement Test.
• Click here to learn more about the English Language requirements and exemptions.
University Required Fees
Admission Deposit/Graduation Fee
One-time (refundable upon withdrawal)
• The admission fee is non-refundable.
• The admission deposit is required from all applicants (including recipients of financial aid and scholarship). The deposit will be later applied to graduation fees or refunded if the student formally withdraws from the University.
Residence Hall Fees
Single Occupancy (1 student per room)
$1,600 per semester
Double Occupancy (2 students per room)
$800 per student per semester
• The room fees per semester (4 months) include (all/any) breaks, holidays, and weekends.
• A deposit of $250 will be required for the keys of the residence hall room at the time of registration.
• Students requiring wheelchair accessible rooms will be charged 50% of the Single Occupancy rate ($800).
ELI Placement Test
One-time, in person payment
ID Card Replacement first time
• AUK reserves the right to charge additional fees not originally listed in the enrollment agreement such as deposits for University property (keys, lockers…etc.).