Timeline of Actions:
Per the Kurdistan Regional Government’s COVID-19 Pandemic regulations, AUK implemented the below Regulations and initiatives to protect the community from the spread of the pandemic and guarantee a COVID-free campus for a safe return from online teaching.
|19 June 2021||On-campus Covid-19 rapid tests for all attendees of AUK’s Commencement Ceremony and compliance with social distancing regulations.|
|09 August 2021||Faculty and staff members submitting certificates of vaccination to HR.|
|17 August 2021||Announcement of AUK’s Covid-19 Protocol and the mask requirement on campus for staff, faculty, students and visitors at all times.|
|29 August 2021||Campus signages with Covid-19 regulations.|
|05 September 2021||Duhok’s Directorate of Health provided AUK with updated Covid-19 safety guidance posters.|
|07 September 2021||Doctors from Duhok’s Health Directorate visited AUK students in class to raise awareness about the importance of ongoing COVID-19 prevention measures after vaccination|
|07 September 2021||AUK’s Staff Assembly formulated procedures to enforce a policy to protect the AUK community from the spread of the pandemic.|
|09 September 2021||AUK’s Faculty Senate discussed necessary actions for an effective implementation of the COVID-19 Protocol.|
|09 September 2021||AUK’s Campus Service Department (CSD) and Ster Security met to discuss a co-operation plan to ensure a COVID-free campus.|
|12 September 2021||A patrolling schedule for AUK faculty and staff members was created to ensure all staff and students comply with the AUK COVID- 19 protocol.|
|14 September 2021||Body temperature measurement devices were installed at the entrance of AUK’s building|
|28 September 2021||A list of unvaccinated AUK members was forwarded to Duhok’s Directorate of Health to inform on number of vaccines needed for a campus Vaccination Day|
|30 September 2021||On-campus Vaccination Day confirmed by Duhok’s Directorate of Health for October 4th, 2021|
|01 December 2021||AUK implements policy on vaccination required for entry to building|
|02 December 2021||On-Campus student vaccination by Duhok’s Health Department|
|13 January 2022||On-Campus employee booster shots, provided by Duhok’s Directory of Health|
In accordance with the Kurdistan Regional Government’s COVID-19 Pandemic regulations, AUK will be enforcing the below policy to protect the AUK community from the spread of the pandemic:
- All AUK faculty, staff, students, and visitors are required to wear a face mask at all times.
- Face masks must be properly fitted to cover the nose and mouth and not have any gaps.
- Both vaccinated and non-vaccinated faculty, staff, students, and visitors must abide by the mask policy at all times.
- Exceptions for face mask removal:
- When eating or drinking
- When alone in an office, residence hall room, or other space
- When alone in a car
- When teaching or lecturing in a university course at a distance of at least 1.5 meters from another individual. In this circumstance, instructors may use a university-approved alternative (e.g., face shield) instead of a face mask, but only if a face mask would unduly hamper classroom instruction.
- When asked to remove the face mask by a school or law enforcement official to verify identity
University faculty, staff, and students should carry two masks with them at all times to account for the possibility a mask might be lost or spoiled.
University faculty, staff, and students are required to familiarize themselves with this Mask Policy and follow it at all times. This policy and its directives shall remain in effect until further notice.
Social Distancing Protocol
Faculty, staff, students and visitors must abide by social distancing protocol as stated below:
- In the classroom, cafeteria, social areas, library, and other social spaces, seats must be left empty between neighboring tables.
- Faculty, staff, students and visitors must maintain a distance of 1.5 meters from other.
- In elevators, no more than 4 people can be an elevator at a time. Social distancing must be maintained within the elevator.
- Faculty, staff, students, and visitors are asked to refrain from handshakes and any other physical contact with others.
AUK strongly recommends the following precautions to help minimize the transmission of COVID-19 in the community.
- Consistent handwashing and/or hand sanitizing.
- Practice proper mask-wearing procedure.
- If any faculty, staff, student, or visitor is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, they are recommended to stay home.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- If you have come in close contact with a person who has confirmed positive for COVID-19, please get tested within 3-5 days of contact.
The University expects all members of the University community to continue to do their part to protect the health and safety of others.
Any employee, student, or visitor who fails to abide by this directive may be asked or directed to leave the campus space. Faculty, staff, and students who are directed to leave a campus space for failure to comply with these guidelines may be taken off duty and/or subject to disciplinary action.
IF YOU TEST POSITIVE
- If any faculty or staff tests positive for COVID-19, they must notify Human Resources as soon as possible.
- If students test positive for COVID-19, they must notify both their academic departments and the Office of Student Affairs as soon as possible.