The mission of the Office of Grants Management (OGM) at the American University of
Kurdistan (AUK) is to research, acquire, promote, support and administer sponsored
research awards. OGM builds partnerships with faculty, staff and students across the
lifecycle of an award, to obtain and manage external support for sponsored research,
training and educational endeavors.
Working to enable the achievement of excellence in research, OGM:
- Identifies the needs of the research community at AUK.
- Facilitates and enhances partnerships and collaborations between researchers,
sponsors, universities and industry, based on the alignment of interests.
- Creates an institutional research administration, infrastructure and processes
that are transparent and uphold integrity in fiscal management.
- Ensures that policies and programs advance a culture of innovation, while ensuring
compliance with sponsors’ requirements.
- Fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Launched in 2021, the OGM was developed as an institutional resource for faculty, staff and
students seeking grant funding from external agencies for research. OGM’s functions include
(but are not limited to):
- Pre-award support in seeking grants, proposal/budget development and submission.
- Post-award management of compliance and administrative/financial issues, oversight
- Faculty mentorship across all areas of the life cycle of grant and fellowship awards.
Working closely with AUK’s colleges, OGM strategically pursues grant funding that meets
the mission and strategic goals of these colleges and AUK.
Office of Grants Management
The American University of Kurdistan
Mustafa Barzani Building
Zakho Rd. 42003 Sumel - Duhok, Kurdistan Region of Iraq
Director: Omed Zawity