The Finance Department principally assists AUK’s various departments, boards and
committees by planning, organizing and directing financial activities, in conformance
with applicable local laws, as well as standards set forth by GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage the inflow and outflow of cash; ensure the adequate and timely
provision of cash to finance the University’s operations.
- Formulate financial insights and feasibility assessments that inform management's
decisions on the continued operations - and future expansion - of the University.
- Provide timely and accurate financial information to senior management.
- Identify future investments and formulate long-term financial plans.
- Manage the University’s assets and investments.
- Pay debtors, suppliers, and external contractors on time.
- Manage all tax and employee payroll issues.
- Draft budgets and financial forecasts.
- Manage and facilitate external audit processes.
- Maintain the financial management/reporting system, in compliance with GAAP.
- Ensure compliance with local laws in all financial transactions.
The American University of Kurdistan
Mustafa Barzani Building
Zakho Rd. 42003 Sumel – Duhok, Kurdistan Region of Iraq
Office hours: Sunday – Thursday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Location: Ground Floor-Wing B
Call Center: +964 751 741 0000