The American University of Kurdistan is holding its 2nd Essay Writing Contest in an effort to contribute to the community. A Committee of AUK instructors will be awarding the top ten applications among contestants of all High school students residing in the Kurdistan Region.
Requirements of participation:
– For High school students between the ages of 15 and 18 years
– Essays must be written in English, between 300 to 400 words
– Following the essay format of introduction – body – conclusion
– Essays must be titled appropriately and include the contestant’s name
– All entries must be submitted as DOC, DOCx, or pdf files attached to an email
Emails must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15th, 2021
Contestants can choose to write their essays based on one of the following prompts:
1. Is remote work and education beneficial for society?
2. How can reading change your life? Describe a book that has made a particular impact on you.
3. What environmental challenges do you think Kurdistan will face in the future? How do you think they could be overcome?
Essays that do not meet the requirements above, show signs of plagiarism, or are submitted as email will be disregarded.
The eligible essays will be judged by a committee based on the following international criteria:
Task response (25%); Cohesion (25%); Vocabulary (25%); Grammar (25%)
The writers of the top ten essays will receive an Admission Fee Waiver to use when applying to AUK.
Additionally, 2nd and 3rd place will receive five books of their choice from the AUK library and one-year library membership.
The first-place essayist will receive ten books of his choice and one year of library membership.